[External] RE: Information

RG
Romberger, Gary (PERATON)
Thu, Mar 23, 2023 4:59 PM

Thank you for the information.

Gary Romberger

From: David Solin david.solin@arcticwolf.com
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2023 11:27 AM
To: Romberger, Gary (PERATON) gromberg@peraton.com; oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Information

Hi Gary,

The OVAL community has deprecated the old CIS download website for the community OVAL content, and now users need to sync from the Github repo (https://github.com/CISecurity/OVALRepo) and build the XML themselves.

Here are instructions on building OVAL XML (which can also be found on the repo’s README file): https://github.com/CISecurity/OVALRepo/blob/master/scripts/README.md#scripts-for-content-use

Best regards,
--David Solin

From: Romberger, Gary (PERATON) via OVAL_Repository <oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.orgmailto:oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 4:17 PM
To: oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.orgmailto:oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org <oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.orgmailto:oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [OVAL REPOSITORY] [External] Information

[External]

I was use to looking on the MITRE’s OVAL site, and downloading the OVAL XML from the repository download area.  I am now looking on the CISecurity/OVALRep/repository.  I am not finding the Microsoft_windows_10.xml, or Microsoft_windows_server_2019.xml file that I use with the SCAP Scanner.  Can someone point me to where the latest files are now located, and what they are named?
Thank you.

Gary…

Gary Romberger

Disclaimer

This email and any attachments are for the expressed and sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication by someone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email immediately. Any information and services described herein are provided by Arctic Wolf Networks, Inc.

Thank you for the information. Gary Romberger From: David Solin <david.solin@arcticwolf.com> Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2023 11:27 AM To: Romberger, Gary (PERATON) <gromberg@peraton.com>; oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Information Hi Gary, The OVAL community has deprecated the old CIS download website for the community OVAL content, and now users need to sync from the Github repo (https://github.com/CISecurity/OVALRepo) and build the XML themselves. Here are instructions on building OVAL XML (which can also be found on the repo’s README file): https://github.com/CISecurity/OVALRepo/blob/master/scripts/README.md#scripts-for-content-use Best regards, --David Solin From: Romberger, Gary (PERATON) via OVAL_Repository <oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org<mailto:oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org>> Date: Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 4:17 PM To: oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org<mailto:oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org> <oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org<mailto:oval_repository@lists.cisecurity.org>> Subject: [EXTERNAL] [OVAL REPOSITORY] [External] Information [External] ________________________________ I was use to looking on the MITRE’s OVAL site, and downloading the OVAL XML from the repository download area. I am now looking on the CISecurity/OVALRep/repository. I am not finding the Microsoft_windows_10.xml, or Microsoft_windows_server_2019.xml file that I use with the SCAP Scanner. Can someone point me to where the latest files are now located, and what they are named? Thank you. Gary… Gary Romberger Disclaimer This email and any attachments are for the expressed and sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication by someone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email immediately. Any information and services described herein are provided by Arctic Wolf Networks, Inc.