OVAL developer email listserv appears broken, or sporadic at best

VJ
Vanderpol, Jack R CIV USN SPAWARSYSCEN LANT SC (USA)
Tue, May 21, 2019 3:05 PM

This effort seems counterintuitive, I'm emailing the list to see if the email list works, as I haven't received any update from the OVAL developers list since 12/5/2018.  One of my team members Bryan Wilson just posted to the forum last week and David Solin replied, so it's getting out to some members.  I just tried signing up again to the list, but it bounced as I'm already on it.

I know when the email list was originally created it we had some flakiness with some of our team getting updates and others not. Seems to be an ongoing issue.  Should we dump the mailing list entirely and just use github tickets for communication, or can something be done to improve the oval_developer list?

If anyone has emailed the OVAL developer list since 2018, I didn't get it....

Sincerely,
Jack Vander Pol

-----Original Message-----
From: OVAL_Developer oval_developer-bounces@lists.cisecurity.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:58 AM
To: Vanderpol, Jack R CIV USN SPAWARSYSCEN LANT SC (USA) jack.r.vanderpol.civ@mail.mil
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Mailman privacy alert

Note that the list membership is not public, so it is possible that a bad person was trying to probe the list for its membership.  This would be a privacy violation if we let them do this, but we didn't.

If you submitted the subscription request and forgot that you were already subscribed to the list, then you can ignore this message.  If you suspect that an attempt is being made to covertly discover whether you are a member of this list, and you are worried about your privacy, then feel free to send a message to the list administrator at oval_developer-owner@lists.cisecurity.org.

This effort seems counterintuitive, I'm emailing the list to see if the email list works, as I haven't received any update from the OVAL developers list since 12/5/2018. One of my team members Bryan Wilson just posted to the forum last week and David Solin replied, so it's getting out to some members. I just tried signing up again to the list, but it bounced as I'm already on it. I know when the email list was originally created it we had some flakiness with some of our team getting updates and others not. Seems to be an ongoing issue. Should we dump the mailing list entirely and just use github tickets for communication, or can something be done to improve the oval_developer list? If anyone has emailed the OVAL developer list since 2018, I didn't get it.... Sincerely, Jack Vander Pol -----Original Message----- From: OVAL_Developer <oval_developer-bounces@lists.cisecurity.org> Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:58 AM To: Vanderpol, Jack R CIV USN SPAWARSYSCEN LANT SC (USA) <jack.r.vanderpol.civ@mail.mil> Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Mailman privacy alert An attempt was made to subscribe your address to the mailing list oval_developer@lists.cisecurity.org. You are already subscribed to this mailing list. Note that the list membership is not public, so it is possible that a bad person was trying to probe the list for its membership. This would be a privacy violation if we let them do this, but we didn't. If you submitted the subscription request and forgot that you were already subscribed to the list, then you can ignore this message. If you suspect that an attempt is being made to covertly discover whether you are a member of this list, and you are worried about your privacy, then feel free to send a message to the list administrator at oval_developer-owner@lists.cisecurity.org.