oval_developer@lists.cisecurity.org

A list for people interested in developing the OVAL language.

View all threads

New OVAL test for Ubuntu 'snappy' package manager

VJ
Vanderpol, Jack R CIV USN SPAWARSYSCEN LANT SC (US)
Wed, Apr 20, 2016 7:36 PM

Has anyone else contemplating making a new OVAL test to support the new Ubuntu snappy package manager?  Since Ubuntu can now support both dpkg and snappy, if content authors want to know all packages installed, I'm guessing they will need to query two different systems?

http://twit.altervista.org/linux/ubuntu/468-468.html
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/start/using-snappy/

Just figured I'd reach out to see if someone is already working this before going down the same path.

Jack Vander Pol
SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic

Has anyone else contemplating making a new OVAL test to support the new Ubuntu snappy package manager? Since Ubuntu can now support both dpkg and snappy, if content authors want to know all packages installed, I'm guessing they will need to query two different systems? http://twit.altervista.org/linux/ubuntu/468-468.html https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/start/using-snappy/ Just figured I'd reach out to see if someone is already working this before going down the same path. Jack Vander Pol SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic ...
DS
David Solin
Thu, Apr 21, 2016 12:48 PM

Hi Jack,

We’re not currently working on a snappy_test, but I’d be happy to work with you on the proposal.

Best regards,
--David A. Solin
Co-Founder, Research & Technology
solin@jovalcm.com

On Apr 20, 2016, at 2:36 PM, Vanderpol, Jack R CIV USN SPAWARSYSCEN LANT SC (US) jack.r.vanderpol.civ@mail.mil wrote:

Has anyone else contemplating making a new OVAL test to support the new Ubuntu snappy package manager?  Since Ubuntu can now support both dpkg and snappy, if content authors want to know all packages installed, I'm guessing they will need to query two different systems?

http://twit.altervista.org/linux/ubuntu/468-468.html
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/start/using-snappy/

Just figured I'd reach out to see if someone is already working this before going down the same path.

Jack Vander Pol
SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic

OVAL_Developer mailing list
OVAL_Developer@lists.cisecurity.org

Hi Jack, We’re not currently working on a snappy_test, but I’d be happy to work with you on the proposal. Best regards, --David A. Solin Co-Founder, Research & Technology solin@jovalcm.com > On Apr 20, 2016, at 2:36 PM, Vanderpol, Jack R CIV USN SPAWARSYSCEN LANT SC (US) <jack.r.vanderpol.civ@mail.mil> wrote: > > Has anyone else contemplating making a new OVAL test to support the new Ubuntu snappy package manager? Since Ubuntu can now support both dpkg and snappy, if content authors want to know all packages installed, I'm guessing they will need to query two different systems? > > http://twit.altervista.org/linux/ubuntu/468-468.html > https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/start/using-snappy/ > > Just figured I'd reach out to see if someone is already working this before going down the same path. > > Jack Vander Pol > SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic > > > ... > > _______________________________________________ > OVAL_Developer mailing list > OVAL_Developer@lists.cisecurity.org > http://lists.cisecurity.org/mailman/listinfo/oval_developer_lists.cisecurity.org ...
VJ
Vanderpol, Jack R CIV USN SPAWARSYSCEN LANT SC (US)
Thu, Apr 21, 2016 1:18 PM

Thanks David, we aren't quite ready either, just putting it on our roadmap.  I'll reach out privately when we get there.

Jack Vander Pol
SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic

All active links contained in this email were disabled.  Please verify the identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web browser.

Caution-http://twit.altervista.org/linux/ubuntu/468-468.html
Caution-https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/start/using-snappy/

Thanks David, we aren't quite ready either, just putting it on our roadmap. I'll reach out privately when we get there. Jack Vander Pol SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic -----Original Message----- From: David Solin [mailto:solin@jovalcm.com] Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:48 AM To: Vanderpol, Jack R CIV USN SPAWARSYSCEN LANT SC (US) Cc: oval_developer@lists.cisecurity.org Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [OVAL DEVELOPER] New OVAL test for Ubuntu 'snappy' package manager All active links contained in this email were disabled. Please verify the identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web browser. ---- Hi Jack, We’re not currently working on a snappy_test, but I’d be happy to work with you on the proposal. Best regards, --David A. Solin Co-Founder, Research & Technology solin@jovalcm.com > On Apr 20, 2016, at 2:36 PM, Vanderpol, Jack R CIV USN SPAWARSYSCEN LANT SC (US) <jack.r.vanderpol.civ@mail.mil> wrote: > > Has anyone else contemplating making a new OVAL test to support the new Ubuntu snappy package manager? Since Ubuntu can now support both dpkg and snappy, if content authors want to know all packages installed, I'm guessing they will need to query two different systems? > > Caution-http://twit.altervista.org/linux/ubuntu/468-468.html > Caution-https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/start/using-snappy/ > > Just figured I'd reach out to see if someone is already working this before going down the same path. > > Jack Vander Pol > SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic > > > ... > > _______________________________________________ > OVAL_Developer mailing list > OVAL_Developer@lists.cisecurity.org > Caution-http://lists.cisecurity.org/mailman/listinfo/oval_developer_lists.cisecurity.org ...