oval_developer@lists.cisecurity.org

A list for people interested in developing the OVAL language.

View all threads

Android compatible interpreter

DD
dany dany
Tue, Aug 1, 2017 12:44 AM

Hi all,

I am investigatng if there is any way of executing test to an android
device either by using a java interpreter or by running ovaldi over
android. For now, the only project that seems not to be deprecated is the
Joval developer option, am I missing something else?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi all, I am investigatng if there is any way of executing test to an android device either by using a java interpreter or by running ovaldi over android. For now, the only project that seems not to be deprecated is the Joval developer option, am I missing something else? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Daniel. ...
HD
Haynes, Dan
Tue, Aug 1, 2017 2:38 PM

Hi Daniel,

If you are just doing some testing, there is some sample code that was developed as part of extending OVAL to support Android (https://github.com/OVALProject/Sandbox/tree/master/resources/x-android-schema/code). It generates an OVAL System Characteristics file on the Android system. From there, you can take the OVAL System Characteristics file, transport it off the Android system, and evaluate it with an OVAL interpreter.

Of course, this is only sample code, so if you are looking for a production tool, I would suggest checking out the tools that have adopted OVAL and see if they support Android (http://oval.mitre.org/adoption/participants.html).

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Danny

Hi Daniel, If you are just doing some testing, there is some sample code that was developed as part of extending OVAL to support Android (https://github.com/OVALProject/Sandbox/tree/master/resources/x-android-schema/code). It generates an OVAL System Characteristics file on the Android system. From there, you can take the OVAL System Characteristics file, transport it off the Android system, and evaluate it with an OVAL interpreter. Of course, this is only sample code, so if you are looking for a production tool, I would suggest checking out the tools that have adopted OVAL and see if they support Android (http://oval.mitre.org/adoption/participants.html). Hope this helps! Thanks, Danny From: OVAL_Developer [mailto:oval_developer-bounces@lists.cisecurity.org] On Behalf Of dany dany Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 8:44 PM To: oval_developer@lists.cisecurity.org Subject: [OVAL DEVELOPER] Android compatible interpreter Hi all, I am investigatng if there is any way of executing test to an android device either by using a java interpreter or by running ovaldi over android. For now, the only project that seems not to be deprecated is the Joval developer option, am I missing something else? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Daniel. ... ...