[OVAL REPOSITORY] "identity constraint key for element 'oval_definitions' not found" error validating XML schema

David Solin solin at jovalcm.com
Thu Aug 18 20:34:06 EDT 2016

Here is a more descriptive validation error:
SAX Error, line 36161, column 20: Key 'object_referenceKeyRef' with value 'oval:org.cisecurity:obj:3960' not found for identity constraint of element 'oval_definitions'.

I thought CIS had introduced a QA process for insuring that missing references were no longer accepted in merges.  What gives?

Best regards,
—David Solin