[OVAL REPOSITORY] Problem with the Family OVAL definitions for Unix

Rich, Dale drich1 at dtcc.com
Thu Nov 12 16:34:59 EST 2015

Help Please,

We are using a few of the "family" level OVAL patch and vulnerability definition files for Unix from the CISecurity repository.
Ex:       https://oval.cisecurity.org/repository/download/5.10/patch/unix.xml
            https://oval.cisecurity.org/repository/download/5.11.1/patch/unix.xml
            (I believe they are broken in GitHub too)

Unfortunately, at least some of the definitions in there are referencing checks that don't exist further down in the document.  This is becoming a pretty major problem for us.  Until I can get our new content developers onboarded, can someone please address this?

Thanks,
Dale

DTCC Non-Confidential (White)
Dale Rich, CISSP
DTCC Global Vulnerability Detection & Management
Technology Risk Management (TRM)
Tampa, FL (EST)
(813) 470-2193 | drich1 at dtcc.com<mailto:drich1 at dtcc.com>

[cid:image002.png at 01D11D68.0C217AA0]

Visit us at www.dtcc.com<http://www.dtcc.com/> or follow us on Twitter @The_DTCC and on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/6915?trk=saber_s000001e_1000>.
To learn about career opportunities at DTCC, please visit dtcc.com/careers<http://dtcc.com/careers>.

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.