[OVAL DEVELOPER] FW: MacOS Gatekeeper test - Any design docs, anywhere?

David Solin solin at jovalcm.com
Thu Jan 31 14:22:29 EST 2019

Hi John,

This is one of the tests I added to make it possible to convert the CIS guidance on MacOSX into pure OVAL!  Sorry I didn’t document it very well… you can always submit a PR to update it. ;)

Anyway, the enabled item entity maps to the result of the command “spctl --status”.  You can find any unlabeled (unsigned) applications using “spctl --list | grep -i unlabeled”.

For more info, see:
https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/eSGUCDkZGptzo27TWAGEC?domain=en.wikipedia.org

Best regards,
—David Solin