[OVAL DEVELOPER] New PO Introduction

Zack Port Zack.Port at cisecurity.org
Thu Jun 28 14:50:59 EDT 2018

Dear OVAL Developers,

It's a pleasure to be writing to you! My name is Zack Port and I've been hired by CIS as their Product Owner for OVAL. My job mirrors and supports CIS' role as the conservator of OVAL: I'm here to help the language grow, while maintaining a clear and easy-to-access repository. I believe one of my primary responsibilities in achieving those goals is to be a help and resource for the OVAL community, and as such, I'm here as much for all of you as I am for CIS. I want to make your work with OVAL easier.

For a little background on me, I live in Scotia, NY, and have a wife and a 7-month-old son. I graduated from Syracuse University with a Bachelor's of Industrial Design (B.Ind) in Industrial and Interaction Design. I've worked at a few companies since with a range of products from power tools to hardware to software; in my most recent position I was the product owner for three major applications, one a complete redesign of a struggling product, one a new application built from the ground up, and the third an addition of tools that solved problems within an existing product. While OVAL is certainly a unique product, I'm ready for the challenge, and I'm excited to be on board with the teams at CIS and the OVAL community.

As I get to know OVAL better, I hope I get to know you better as well. One of my goals is to talk to as many people as I can from the community and get their thoughts on where OVAL is at and where you want to see it go. Additionally, I'm stoked to get the ball rolling on some of the issues that have already been defined, so I'll be checking in on your thoughts on the priority of those. Ultimately, if you haven't heard directly from me yet, you likely will, but in the meantime if you have questions or thoughts you'd like to share, I'm available through email and text or call at the number below. I'm looking forward to working with you.

All the best,

Zack

Zachary Port
Product Owner, OVAL
31 Tech Valley Drive
East Greenbush, NY 12061

zack.port at cisecurity.org<mailto:zack.port at cisecurity.org>
518 935 8872

[cid:image001.png at 01D332EC.CA9269E0]

This message and attachments may contain confidential information. If it appears that this message was sent to you by mistake, any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.