[OVAL DEVELOPER] Schema proposal for Docker

Martin Preisler mpreisle at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 10:44:06 EDT 2016

----- Original Message -----

Hi Bill,

thanks for your proposal, it looks very interesting. I am also working on a
container proposal and there is a lot of overlap. I suggest we work together
to fulfill all the use-cases.

My PR with notes: https://github.com/OVALProject/Sandbox/pull/147

I also provided some notes in the PR you submitted:
https://github.com/OVALProject/Sandbox/pull/151

My main use-case is being able to generate container image CVE feeds similar
to what is done with RPM or DPKG CVE feeds today. For that I need to query
container labels and container signatures via OVAL.

I am on PTO, I will be back at the end of August to provide more feedback
and patches to your XSD :-)

--
Martin Preisler
Identity Management and Platform Security | Red Hat, Inc.